Suffering from voice disorders like Sulcus Vocalis, Muscle tension Dysphonia or, perhaps, even Spasmodic Dysphonia? We can help!




We specialize in a unique form of voice restoration and enhancement - designed for those who suffer from voice disorders, vocal disorders, vocal cord damage and speaking and singing voice problems overall.


Since 1984, we have serviced over an estimated 25,000 (combined) students and clients who have been coming to us for non-surgical voice repair sessions and treatments.

The school originally started as The Royans School for the Musical Performing Arts. Since 1987, we started specializing in singing and speaking only. We stopped teaching piano, guitar, violin and other instruments. So, given that, the school got renamed to the Royans Professional Vocal School.

In 1989, I myself acquired an, evidentially, emotionally-induced vocal problem. I have to say that, at first, I had tried to rectify that problem via help offered by medical professionals - but, unfortunately, to no avail.

Luckily, by a company named Nature’s Sunshine, I was addressed to a place which used to be called Health With Herbs. The practitioner who I was addressed to and who is, to date, my friend and associate, introduced me to a natural and holistic approach to health.

Her very first words to me were “Diana, your voice problem has nothing to do with your voice”. 

“How so?” I exclaimed…!

She enlightened me about what could cause my voice problem. During those sessions, I realized that I was emotionally disturbed due to my very emotionally abusive marriage which caused huge stress overall. Apparently, my thyroid was the main problem. I was explained, at that time, that the thyroid, in fact, represents suppressed emotions.

Didn’t it ever…?

Due to that fact, my voice was unable to pass through the needed channels in my anatomy - and thus, I lost all my singing range and the quality of my voice, as it actually deepened at least a tone down. I was devastated, as I have been singing since age 5 and teaching singing since age 17. My livelihood was in jeopardy, to say the least.

By that very natural holistic practitioner, I was offered to take a course - conducted by her - on the holistic approach to health. I also was offered to learn iridology (the science of the iris), the use and application of the natural herbs and remedies, as well as nutrition.

After learning all of the above and then passing the exam with high marks, I began to practice what I was taught. I cannot be grateful enough for the knowledge I had received, which I am using up to this day for myself, my family and my clients.

Continuing teaching voice (speaking and singing), I was more and more using my knowledge in a natural approach to any voice problems - which had then gown into more profound knowledge about voice disorders, voice problems and issues.

My very unique Vocal Science™ method had gotten “married” to the natural and holistic health methods which began to play a crucial role in voice recovery, restoration and enhancement. Since my approach - for many years now - is indeed natural and holistic, the “labels” (which the medical profession suggests) do not actually make any difference in voice recovery… What makes the difference is the “installation” of a certain “mechanism” (in a manner of speaking) in one’s brain.

In this instance, the human brain gives the appropriate commands to the physical body first, and then respectively, to the voice to do exactly what it has been programmed to do. In fact, overall, the nature of vocal problems is usually mechanical and a lot of those vocal issues, nonetheless, are emotionally induced. Mine, in fact, was not mechanical, but - nevertheless - it was emotionally induced.

It had not only effected my voice, but effected a lot of my other organs and, no doubts, the former had provoked some diseases which I inherited from my parents.

For example, my father had been suffering from asthma for almost all his life. When I had my voice problem, the very first thing I acquired was a severe asthma - which I had never experienced before. There were other health problems which I had to conquer via my newly-adopted-and-embraced knowledge.

I also learned how to use the natural herbal and - even some homeopathic – remedies to enhance the health of not only my voice, but also my health in general.

As for nowadays, stress for people around the world is prevailing, and thus more and more people have been experiencing voice and other related - and unrelated - health problems. So, nonetheless, the approach to those problems can be one and only - which is holistic and natural.

Once I collect the history of the client’s life, I (more or less) know what factors of their lives had plaid the role in the loss of voice and/or various voice disorders which they had acquired.

In almost all cases, the “application” of the speaking and singing voice has to be completely changed.

Like, for example, when a patient is diagnosed with the Muscle Tension Dysphonia voice disorder, their voice tends to get “stuck” within their neck muscles. It is a nasty disorder which makes the patient’s voice raspy and hoarse - or sometimes even whispery and breathy.

To “unstuck” that voice from the neck muscles is a real ordeal, to say the least. It is very “manually-induced” work for myself and my client. We are literally working on each syllable and vowel of the word(s).

Ultimately (and this applies to all voice disorders) we have to “unstuck” and lift that voice off of the vocal box and off of the vocal cords, and literally re-channel it into the different set of muscles (the facial cavities) - which will, in turn, begin to work in full conjunction and coordination with the abdominal muscles - which will support the lift of the sound, as well as the actual height and width (the body of the sound).

The upper back muscles also will be helping the upper diaphragm muscles to stay intact and assure the full body of the sound. The facial muscles have to be strong enough to be able to harbor the sound which is (by itself) a physical material body; thus, the above allows the sound to travel in a circular direction - and nevertheless, relatively, respectively and prospectively to the height and width of one’s physical body (the “instrument”). Now to perfect that “mechanism” which will allow the human voice to work in its fullest capacity possible, we have to establish its components:

- Abdominal support
- Structure of the sound
- Placement of the sound
- And lastly, projection of the sound to its aimed destination.

The above components apply for both speaking and singing voice and certainly allow for the harmful pressure of the sound to be removed. In this instance, the voice becomes restructured and thus moved to its “safe haven” - so to speak.

Once it’s done and the vocal anatomy is “resting”, the application of the natural herbs and some homeopathic remedies will take place.

Having the vocal box and vocal anatomy overall freed up, the healing process will begin that much faster and will become that much more effective and efficient. Now the flora of the vocal anatomy will be on its way to healing and recovery; so the voice (even if it was previously damaged) will begin to soar “straight to the universe – where the sky is the limit”.

The above approach applies to practically every voice disorder - however, in each different case, it could contain some various components of the matter, as still… no case can be exactly the same!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Case Study of our recent International Client, (a Businessman from Paris, France) with the Diagnosis of Sulcus Vocalis and His Successful Course and Treatment

The True Success Story of Aubrie Morris (from Pittsburgh, PN, USA) Conquering Muscle Tension Dysphonia Disorder Under Our Alternative Care... Non-Surgically!

The Inspirational Journey of Aubrie Morris (Up-and-Coming Singer/Songwriter of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania)