Personality Transformation miraculously intertwines with Vocal Success
Vocally and otherwise Speaking, Teenage Outcast? or… none of those things! – Case Study.

Not too long ago, I was approached by a very loving and caring mom who told me a story of her teenage son, who really loved singing, but was constantly frustrated while trying to learn from different American vocal coaches how to sing properly.

His mom described him as a nice and sweet boy, but, however, experiencing throughout his life not only vocal problems, but problems in general.
His mom told me that he had a speech impediment and he was diagnosed with dyslexia.

So, it sounded like her son did not have exactly an easy time and thus, definitely, he was trying to express himself to, so to speak, feel emotionally relieved through music and singing,which is not unusual, and I see it in my practice quite often.

Given all that, I did not know what to expect because vocally speaking, the young man himself, at the day of his arrival, made me aware that he also had severe pitch problems.

Great, I sighed.

But they drove to me for over 11 hours from the United Sates and the course was fully paid.
So I had no way out (lol).
I have to say that I right away liked the whole family and their energy and love for one another.

It is a good sign, I said to myself, because in my work, the positive attitude and positive energy play a crucial role.
So we started the course and almost right away and to my surprise, the young man was following instructions to the tee and was opening up like a flower.
His mom mentioned that a lot of teachers and especially vocal coaches were previously upset on my, by now already, precious student.
For the life of me, I would not know why...?

The only guess I could take that they did not look and thus, did not find the key to the beautiful teenager to open up his heart and soul and thus, to discover his beautiful voice.
I have to say that this course of 14 hours so far (we were able to add 4 hours to my regular 10 hour course) was one of my favourite courses for the last while, as I was able to give somebody with so many labelled problems and diagnoses a hope to realize his dream to be able to sing and not to feel cast out, but rather feel like a dignified person and performer.
Throughout that course and after the completion of the 14 hours, his mom has expressed her attitude of gratitude: 
Below are excerpts from various e-mails to me...
“Your services are amazing and we are very grateful.”
“You have no idea what an impression you made on him. He has struggled for so long... you are like a light in the wilderness.”
“I know he has issues but I also believe those issues can be addressed which is why we brought him to you.”
“We are very grateful to have found you and appreciate the gift you are giving him.” 
Needless to say, the journey is soon to be continued.
My now favourite student headed back home on Friday and by the following Tuesday, his mom has booked the next 20 hours of our vocal development upon her son’s very strong request.
Him and I are both looking forward to reach the next heights in his vocal, and overall development. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Case Study of our recent International Client, (a Businessman from Paris, France) with the Diagnosis of Sulcus Vocalis and His Successful Course and Treatment

The True Success Story of Aubrie Morris (from Pittsburgh, PN, USA) Conquering Muscle Tension Dysphonia Disorder Under Our Alternative Care... Non-Surgically!

The Inspirational Journey of Aubrie Morris (Up-and-Coming Singer/Songwriter of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania)